Create Facebook events automatically when you create WordPress posts. This plugin creates events in personal Facebook profiles, and can also create them for Facebook Pages.
This plugin has now been updated to work with Facebook’s Graph API and the latest version of Otto’s Simple Facebook Connect plugin.
To create a Facebook event with this plugin, create or edit a post, scroll down the page to the Create Facebook Event section, fill in the event title and start time, tick the Create Public Facebook Event box and Update or Publish your post.
This is a WordPress plugin that extends the excellent Simple Facebook Connect series of plugins by Otto.
Provided you are “Connected to Facebook” using the SFC plugin, an event will be created in your Facebook profile or your Facebook Page. If you are not logged into Facebook when you try to create an event, the plugin does nothing. The plugin handles Facebook security properly, and will ask you to authorize it to create Facebook events the first time you use it. Your browser must allow pop-ups for this authorization from Facebook to appear.
The plugin includes a function called sfce_create_event() that enables WordPress blog developers to create Facebook events simply by calling this function.
- 4.00.3 Moved Facebook Create Event permissions dialogue to user profile page, so it is accessible to non-admin users.
- 4.00.2: Minor bug fixes, plus added support to request Create Event permission from Facebook. Useful for clean install of this plugin (v3.x handled this correctly, but 4.00.1 did not).
- 4.00.1: Updated to work with Version 1.x of Otto’s Simple Facebook Connect. Bug fixes mean this plugin is now more stable too.
- 3.96.3: Bug fix for input validation added in 3.96.2.
- 3.96.2: Added some error checks to ensure event photos meet Facebook requirements, and explain how to correct things if your photo is not specified correctly.
- 3.96.1: Fixed bug affecting version numbers and auto updates. Also fixed bug that caused SFCe to appear twice in some WordPress lists.
- 3.95.9: Fixed bug that caused errors if event created using Post editor and no group ID available to invite people. Bug affecting events for personal profiles fixed, previously limited to Page profiles. Various bug fixes affecting event invitations. Added ability to invite to events members of a Facebook group. In this version this feature works only via the scfe_create_event PHP function. GUI support coming soon. Minor bug fix to correct validation check on settings page Privacy box. Thanks to Samuel Debruyn for reporting. 3.95.4 Minor fix – for compatibility with PHP installations that don’t allow PHP shorthand. Fixed bug affecting month selector in Post editor panel. Fixed bug that caused error message relating to required fields for posts where no event was required.
- 3.95.1 Now works seamlessly with legacy code written for v1.0 of this plugin. Bug fixes for a few issues introduced by 3.94.2.
- 3.94.2 The visual editor now allows you to mix text with data from your post. If you include [TITLE] in any text field it will be replaced by the post title when the Facebook event is created. You can include data from “custom fields” by putting the custom field name in double square brackets – e.g. [[custom_field]]. The Settings page now has option to disable the Create Facebook Event panel in the main “post” editor. People that use PHP to call sfce_create_event() directly from their template should probably use this option. Updated some static text and attempting to fix version number pie chart data displayed on wordpress.org
- 3.92: New admin “Settings Page” for configuring default values for event details e.g. Name of Event, Host etc.. The Settings Page also enables event details to be hidden from the Create Event section of the Post Editor page. Support also added for internationalization; if you would like to translate this plugin to your language please let me know, I’d be very happy to include your translation with the plugin.
- 3.1 major upgrade: Added a section to “New Post”/”Edit Post” with input fields for start date/time and other details about your event. To create an event from your WordPress Blog just fill in these fields and press “Update” to save your post.
- 2.1 Removed file:sfce-facebook-time.php as this code is now redundant. If the automatic upgrade fails delete the “simple-facebook-connect-extension” directory from your server then re-install this plugin.
- 2.0 Update to remove work-around calculations for Facebook bugs affecting Events (these Facebook bugs have now been fixed). Please ensure you enable the Timezoneless Events migration in your Facebook app settings before upgrading to this version of the plugin.
- 1.0 Stable first release, tested and working with WP 3.0.1.